Monday, October 11, 2010

Things Overheard in My House

"Anna, put that down!" "But I'm THIRSTY!" "Anna, that's not a drink, that's hairspray."

Joshua, commenting on his Cars-themed chicken and noodle soup: "Lightening McQueen is from Cars, and I love him. But I don't like this."

Anna: "I have toys in my bottom!" (She then proceeded to pull toys out of her pull-up.)

Matthew: "BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!" (Not that exciting, but I wouldn't want him to be left out!)

Anna commenting on the popcorn in the microwave: "The cock-corn is making a silly noise!"

Anna, talking to the flock of birds she saw outside the van window: "Hi birds! My name is Anna. And this is Mommy, and Joshua, and Matthew. He's my BROTHER! We're taking Joshua to preschool."

Anna talking to the spider cricket in the bathroom: "Hi, I'm Anna! And this is my mommy, Mom. And this is Matthew. I'm going PEE!"

Anna: "I am not the cheese."

Joshua: "I'm taking off my shirt because I am JOSHUA."

Joshua, to his father: "I'm big, and you're big, but you're taller than me, so I've got to get taller when I'm five."

"ANNA! YOU HAVE TO WEAR CLOTHES!"

Anna: "Joshua, you're a princess."
Joshua: "No, I'm a prince. I rescue you."

Matthew: "DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA!"

Anna: "I think I'm Anna...yup, I'm Anna."

And finally, not overheard in the house, but in the van...

Joshua: "Anna, Knock knock!"
Anna: "Knock knock!"
Joshua: "NO! You're supposed to say who's there!"
Anna: "I don't WANT to say who's there!"
Joshua: "Why?"
Anna: "BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SAY WHO'S THERE!"
Joshua: "NO! You're supposed to say 'I don't know'!"
Anna: "I DON'T WANT TO SAY THAT!"

Pause.

Joshua: "Anna, knock knock!"
Anna: "Knock knock!"

...and so on and so forth...

No comments: