Monday, September 26, 2011

Things Overhead in My House Part 7

"My talking fingers spilled the milk!" - Anna

"It thought I was its lunch...BUT I WASN'T!"  - Anna, crying, referring to the wasp that stung her

“My friend Colton and I were wearing THE SAME SHIRT TODAY!” - Joshua (They wear uniforms.)

“Hey Dad!  I’m going to tell you a baseball story.  Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Anna.  She couldn’t play baseball.  The end.  That’s my story!” – Anna

“Daddy, You’re not going to work on Monday.”   
“That’s right, Joshua. Do you know why?”   
“Because it’s a holiday called Laughter Day.” (Labor Day)


“Anna, why is the air freshener on the floor?” 
“I’m really sorry, Mommy.”


“God told Jonah to go to Nineveh.  But he didn’t.  He made a BAD CHOICE.  So a big fish came and ATE him, and then the fish SPIT him out, and Jonah went to Nineveh to tell all his friends about God, because God was his best friend.” - Anna telling the story of Jonah 

“Joshua, guess who your teacher is tonight [at church]!”
“Who?”
“Jeff!”
“YAY!  JEFF IS MY FAVORITE TEACHER!”    
“But Joshua, what about me?”
“Daddy…I love you…and I have fun when you are my teacher…but Jeff is my FAVORITE teacher.” - Conversation between Joshua and his father 

“Did you have fun at preschool?”  
 “Well, not actually.” - Conversation with Anna 

“Dad?  Is Jesus with us?”
“Yes Anna.”
“Is He is my belly?”

“I’m almost in FIRST GRADE!” - Joshua, four weeks after kindergarten began

"I won't turn you into a frog anymore, Mommy."
"Well, thank you, Anna."
"...if you're good."

“Thank you Jesus for the squirrel, thank you Jesus, Amen.”
“What squirrel, Anna?”
“The squirrel outside…”

"Hey, want to squish your pea?" - Joshua (the things that appeal to a 5 year old boy!)

And finally, one of the funniest conversations with one of my children EVER:
"Mommy, you are beautiful!" 
"Thanks, Anna, so are you!" 
"You're wonderful!" 
"Aww, thanks, Anna!" 
"Can you give me cake?"


No comments: