Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Hate It When That Happens

I was taking a shower this past weekend, and as I was finishing up, Anna - who has never had much of a modesty issue - came bursting into the bathroom.

"Umm, Anna? " I asked, throwing a towel on, "what do you need?"

"I have to give you some vanilla chocolate ice cream! HERE!" She thrust her little finger in my face which, apparently, held some ice cream.

Anxious to get the bathroom back to myself, I "ate" the "ice cream" that was in her hand, said thank you, and she ran back out of the room.

Two minutes later I was in my room trying to get dressed, when here came Anna again.

"MOM!" she yelled urgently as she tried to open the door.

"Anna, I'm getting dressed, can you wait?"

"BUT I HAVE TO GIVE YOU ICE CREAM!"

"Let me get dressed, sweetie, and then you can give it to me."

"OK MOM!" she responded, and I heard little footsteps patter off.

30 second later, this is what I hear:

"I'M SORRY MOM! I ATE ALL THE ICE CREAM!"

Trying not to laugh too hard, I assured her that it was just fine, I would be all right without my "ice cream."

But seriously...don't you just hate it when you just can't stand it any longer and eat all your imaginary ice cream?

No comments: