Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh What a Monday

So today I have the perfect morning for my first entry...

The madness of my Monday morning started with my one-year-old daughter climbing up on the dining room table and grabbing her brother's milk. I saw it from where I was standing, about 4 feet away...in slow-motion, as if it were a scene from a movie, she turned the cup to its side and poured the milk all over the table, the chair, and most notably, the carpet.

I usually don't turn on the video this early in the morning, but at that particular moment, I needed Bob and Larry to keep everyone out of the milk...

About 30 minutes later, after I had mopped everything up and started a load of laundry with milk-soaked rags, my two-year-old yelled for help from the bathroom where he was supposed to be washing his hands. I went in to discover that the water to the house had been turned off. When I called the water department, they had no idea why that was, and they promised to send a serviceman to check it out. I have yet to see the serviceman. Two hours later, the water, thankfully, came back on.

A little later on the in morning, my one-year-old climbed the chair again and got to the computer. Before I caught her, she had locked up the computer by opening Internet Explorer about 18 times and broken off the "M" key.

While I was fixing the computer, the two kids started fighting over something, and my two-year-old pushed over the little one. As I sat down to console her, I noticed an odd smell rising from her backside. I turned her over to check her diaper, and as I did, I discovered two things:

1. Yes, I was correct, she was, as we say in our house, "stinky."
2. She had managed to remove her diaper in the process.

I need a vacation.

No comments: