Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A story about Princess Anna

Anna climbed up into my life and said, "I want you to tell me a story."

"Ok, Anna, what would you like a story about?" I replied.

"ME!" she said, clasping her hands to her heart.

"Ok then, well, Princess Anna..."

"ONCE UPON A TIME!" she corrected me passionately.

"Sorry, once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named Anna, and she lived in a beautiful castle..."

Joshua chimed in at this point - "There needs to be HORSES!"

Well, of course, you can't have a princess story without horses, everyone knows this. So I added horses: "And she had a whole herd of horses of her very own. One day she and her favorite horse were riding through the forest...Anna, what should we name the horse?"

Wait for it.

"Ummm...cereal."

"Cereal? The horse's name is cereal?"

"YES!" she answered enthusiastically.

The story went on from there, involved bears and brave mice and more horses. But to me, this was the highlight of the experience. Apparently, Cereal is my daughter's favorite name. It's at least one of her favorite foods, I know that. The word seems to be appeal to her as well.

I love my kids and how their minds work.

No comments: